For information on Job Openings please contact:Nancy Gabriele | Human Resources
Fax: 916.543.8471 (Temporarily Unavailable)
GENERAL MANAGER POSITION
SUN CITY LINCOLN HILLS COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
The Sun City Lincoln Hills Community Association (a Common Interest Development Association) is a Community of 11,000 residents with over 6,700 homes located in Lincoln, California. There is a Sub-Association for 80 condominiums, which are managed by a Management Company. There are two golf courses on the grounds that are not owned, nor managed by the HOA.
The General Manager, acting under the direction of the Board of Directors, serves as chief operating officer (COO) and manages the homeowner association and its employees, utilizing strong financial expertise and analytical ability, sound business judgment, and excellent decision-making skills.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
Resident Relations & Services
1. Create an environment of positive and supportive relations amongst the residents, the Board of Directors, member organizations, and staff.
2. Assist the Board of Directors in developing a Communications Program for the Association, providing broad and effective messaging to the membership on matters relating to HOA activities, promotions, venues, meetings, and other pertinent information. The Communications Program shall include provisions for preparation of orientation material for owners, newsletters, and mailing of notices of meetings and reports.
1. Investigate, evaluate, and interview, qualified persons for all on-site department head employee positions.
2. Seek and implement continuous process improvements in business practices to increase efficiencies in labor and services to residents. Pursue opportunities to consolidate positions and flatten the organizational structure as position vacancies occur.
3. Oversee the employment and supervision of the required staff as defined by the Annual Budget. Adherence to budgeted salary, wages, bonuses, and benefits will be the primary measure of performance.
Payroll Service/Human Resources
1. Oversee interviewing, selection, indoctrination, and training of Association employees.
2. Work with Human Resources to ensure all required hiring and termination of employment procedures as required by law and policy.
3. Supervise the completion of payroll in a timely manner by the controller.
4. Oversee the counseling of employee(s) on personal and working performances and practices; and conduct semi-annual performance reviews and annual performance appraisals.
1. Handle general correspondence, in conjunction with other staff, dealing with the business matters of the Association between government officials, independent contractors, members, and other entities with which the Association or its representatives conduct business.
2. Maintain contact with Association’s attorneys under guidelines established by the Board of Directors.
3. Oversee the timely completion and filing of all federal, state, and regulatory required reports, functions, and filings.
Contracting and Vendor Relations
1. Assist in drafting specifications and contracts and solicit expertise as required.
2. Prepare or have prepared Request for Proposals (RFP) and solicit bids from vendors/suppliers for services and complete contracts or purchase orders as required.
3. Review bids from respondents for conformity to RFP requirements and make a recommendation to the Board.
1. Develop operating and maintenance guidelines for common area facilities to ensure Association facilities are maintained to the highest professional standards.
2. Review and inspect completed maintenance jobs for compliance to standards.
3. Conducts inspections or investigations of unsafe practices and conditions and recommend the appropriate course of action.
4. Ensure development of procurement procedures including the creation of standard specifications for bids for recurring services.
1. Assist with the creation and/or maintenance of an appropriate accounting system and service that adequately meets the needs of the Association.
2. Assist the controller/accountant in supervising the Association financial matters and personnel-related hereto, including the management of assessment collection, reserves, budget preparation, investment control, and general maintenance of the Association's books and records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. (GAAP)
3. Ensures the annual audit and tax filings are completed as required by HOA Bylaws and law.
1. Develop for Board review and approval annual operating and capital budgets based on sound fiscal policy, in conjunction with Association committees, Treasurer and Controller.
2. Monitors monthly Operating and Reserve Fund balance sheets and statements of operations, explaining significant variances with budgets and reports such to the Finance Committee.
3. Oversee completion of annual Reserve Studies for Board approval.
4. Make recommendations to the Board on annual assessments, special use fees, and/or special assessment schedules to fund the annual operating budget, capital budgets, and reserve fund.
Education, Qualifications & Skills Required
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, qualifications, skills, and/or abilities required.
1. A minimum of 8 years’ experience in management, with four years at the senior management level of a Homeowner Association or comparable entity, preferably in California
2. CACM and/or CAI’s PCAM management certification(s) completed or to be obtained as soon as possible after accepting the position.
3. Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
4. Practical experience in a management capacity with a heavy emphasis on personnel and financial management.
5. Working knowledge of food and beverage operations.
6. Experience in working for a CID resident Board of Directors or comparable.
7. Knowledge and understanding of the Davis-Stirling Act, California Corporation and Civil codes, American Disabilities Act, and EEOC policies.
8. Success working with Boards of Directors, their standing committees, and diverse member and nonmember groups with the ability to cultivate dynamic, collaborative, and constructive relationships.
9. Professional image and public relations image.
Pay: Commensurate with Experience
401(k) with Matching
Long Term Disability (LTD)
Paid Leave under Federal/State Guidelines
Please reply with resume and cover letter no later than October 31, 2020, to the attention of:
Alice Crawford, President
Sun City Lincoln Hill Community Association
965 Orchard Creek Lane
Lincoln, CA 95648
You may submit your reply or any questions by email to:
Lead Event Set-Up Technician
The facilities department at Sun City Lincoln Hills has an immediate opening for a full-time Lead Event Set-Up Technician! Experience in AV background is a must. The position provides event set-up service for all facilities, to include both indoor and outdoor venues throughout the Community. Responsibilities will include assisting management in overseeing a staff of 6 with set up and take down of tables, chairs, staging, AV equipment, sound systems, and video projectors, etc. Move furniture, boxes, equipment, etc. in or out of storage. General facility cleaning. Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 75 lbs.
Food & Beverage
Line & Pantry Cooks
We are currently looking for full time/part-time line cooks with experience. If you are tired of the same old grind and are looking to take your culinary experience & creativity to the next level, come join our culinary team made up of Top Award-Winning Chefs in the region!
Catering Banquet Servers/Bartenders
Our Banquet facilities are looking for qualified candidates to join the Team. If you have prior experience working as a Server/Bartender, we would like to hear from you. Candidates must have excellent customer service, be self-motivated, cheerful, strong work ethic, and a dedication to Sun City Lincoln Hills to offer exceptional service to our clients.
The Spa at Kilaga Springs
The Spa at Kilaga Springs is seeking sharp, dynamic team players to join us in our relentless pursuit to deliver the perfect guest experience. We create an environment where you can flourish as we pledge to train, develop and reward our outstanding performers. The main responsibility will be to provide five-star customer service. Build and maintain a regular clientele, promote sales of retail products related to the treatments performed. Products and advertising provided.
We are looking for fitness professionals that are passionate about doing what they love. We are currently looking for certified Water and/or Pilates Reformer Instructors for our amazing facilities in Lincoln. Experience teaching water classes and willingness to become lifeguard certified a must. Pilates instructors must have experience teaching a variety of classes, experience with the 55 and overpopulation desired, but not required.
OVERVIEW OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
Full-Time Employment - Our full-time staff receive Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, 401(k) EMPLOYER MATCHING, paid vacation & sick pay, bonuses, annual increases, an employee incentive program which includes employee of the month awards, discounts at 2 beautiful golf courses, discount prices at our Spa at Kilaga Springs, & Special Pay for Holidays Worked (10+ holidays/yr.) unless classified as Exempt. We also offer the use of two beautiful fitness centers free of charge!
Part-Time Employment - If you are interested in our part-time position, p/t employee benefits include all of the above without Medical/Dental/Vision/LTD/Life coverage and vacation. These are only some of the benefits we offer.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING, please submit your resume to the above email address or apply in person at Sun City Lincoln Hills, Orchard Creek Lodge, 965 Orchard Creek Lane, Lincoln, CA. All applicants must be able to pass a physical abilities test, drug screening, and a criminal background check.
Sun City Lincoln Hills is an Equal Opportunity Employer